Scroll down to choose clock motors by type - C-Cell, AA-Cell, Pendulum, Chime, Pendulum + Chime, High Torque. Make a Pendulum or Westminster Chime Clock this year! Great projects to work on any time. Pendulum and chime clocks are fine additions to any home.
What is the difference between high torque and standard quartz clock movements?
1) High Torque Clock Motors are more powerful - made specifically to handle the extra weight of longer clock hands up to 18" in length. This means you can make a clock with a clock face/dial that is 42" wide or even greater! Comparatively, standard movements run clock hands up to 4-7/8 inches long. High Torque pendulum motors/drives are made to swing up to a 25" Pendulum.
2) Hands for High Torque Motors sold separately.
What are the different types of pendulum and chime movements?
1) Chiming Movements with built in speakers. See details below. Available in both standard and high torque. C-Cell Batteries.
2) Pendulum Clock Movements. High power / high torque versions run up to 25" rods. Standard pendulums drive up to 16" rods. Rods plus bobs sets sold separately. Rods have 1" breakpoints. AA and C-Cell Batteries
3) Chime + Pendulum Motors. Except for the high power pendulum drive, the pendulum is not powered by the battery and doesn't have to be used.
How do I choose the right size clock motor & hands?
1) » Click Here for helpful info (a new window or tab will open)
2) The size of hands is based on the length of the minute hand from the mounting hole to the end of the minute hand. Most can be slightly trimmed if need be, and they are all USA made of aluminum. Our customers also spray paint them.
3) Our clock motors are sized by the thickness of the dial the movements can go through. EG Q-16 below will go through up to 5/8" thick material. If your material is too thick, consider removing some to in-set the clock. Or if your clock face material is too thin, consider adding some material behind the face so the hands will sit closer to your clock face.
Listed price for motors includes the mounting hardware for your clock. (Washers, Nuts, Bolts and Brass End Caps.) Hangers are sold separately, although we don't recommend them for larger clocks due to the weight of the clocks you will build. We recommend checking out our selection of Picture Hanging Hardware
Prices for clock hands includes a minute and hour hand. Some sets under 5" include a second hand, otherwise second hands are sold separately. Regular power motors - choose a free set or premium set of hands.
Pendulum Rod and Bob sold Separately - when you are looking at the motor scroll down to see the options that work with that specific motor and add to cart if you wish.
Our thanks to Steve Good of Scroll Saw Workshop for this video. The pattern for this modern Pendulum and Chime Clock can be found on the July 2nd Blog Entry. This video shows the pendulum action, plus let's you hear the sound of one of the styles of clock chime.
Shoppers also Viewed
Wish Lists you can share, Faster Ordering and More! Some great features to make shopping easier.See more benefits of Registering